Monday, September 1, 2008

Sweet 16/ 3rd Anniversary!




There has been SO much going on around here lately, that I haven't been able to keep up..obviously! Last week Andrew and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary followed by his 32nd birthday the day after! We celebrated by getting Taylor to watch Salem so we could go out to a yummy dinner treated by his parents! Then, we were lame-o and came home immediately after. No movie, ice cream, parking on a make-out hill, NOTHING! Totally boring, old, married couple; that's what we are!

However, I did deliver for his birthday by throwing him a Sweet 16 bash! (16+16=32). Some people I've told didn't get it, so I've had to explain my reasoning. We also love watching the Sweet 16 show on MTV that highlights rich, spoiled ass kids who's parents throw their children million dollar 16th birthday parties. Even if I had all the money in the world, Salem and Tavin would NEVER get such superficial crap in their lives! So, we do love to watch it and make fun of the unrealistic brats and their idiotic parents who have no concept of the real world that surrounds them.
It was a surprise party with 4 of our closest couple friends and their kids (if they have them..2 of the do and 2 don't..yet). I made chinese food from SCRATCH and I will NEVER DO IT AGAIN! I SLAVED over egg rolls and dipping sauce all damn day that I would much rather buy the next time around. I also made homemade chicken fried rice with the help of my friend Heather. Both those items call for WAY toooooo many ingredients and I won't waste my time ever again. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and most of all, my hubby was in fact surprised. I made him a Gator cake for his special day that also turned out not-so-great. It was just "one of those days" when nothing seemed to be working for me and it just so happened to fall on a very special festivity where I needed everything to go just as planned. I should have known better, nothing seems to go as scheduled when you are in desperate need of it to do so.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noel, you look so pretty, pregnancy becomes you! I like the idea of a sweet 16 birthday party, you always do really fun stuff.
xoxox Mom

Andrea and Ben said...

You looked beautiful for your date - well done!
I love the idea of the sweet 16. It fits Andrew well :0) Fun all around!!!

Katie said...

Blogger just ate my comment, so I'm trying again:

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! You look beautiful, Noel! And the party looks like lots of fun.

I love the MTV show--it is so terrible! And yet I can't tear my eyes away.

I made ONE homeade chinese food dish (not multiples and not for a party, you are very ambitious) and I swore I would NEVER do it again. Finding the 876 ingredients was just too much!!

Tracy said...

Everyone is right. You do look beautiful.
I don't cook chinese, but Randy does. It is always SUPER yummy, but my kitchen is DESTROYED when it is all done.
Also, if you are really thinking of buying a "nice" sewing machine and want some ideas, let me know and I will tell you what i know about the differences. and what i have. All sewing machines are not created equal!

And one last thing. We are at the granite stage. what color is your granite? We are looking at colors similar and I was just wondering if you knew.

Joel and Angela said...

Yes, you look beautiful! Still don't think you look 8 months pregnant. When I saw you the other day, I had to check your nametag to make sure it was really you because you barely even looked pregnant! Wish I could have had more time to chat.
Chinese. Wow! There is only one easy "chinese" dish that we make here. It is actually one of Joel's favorites!