Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Art Wall

Over the weekend, I FINALLY accomplished Salem's art wall in her room. I have wanted to do this for MONTHS, and it feels great to finally mark it off my list (and get some of the piles of her artwork up and out of they way.) I know how important it is for a child to see their accomplishments and she just loves it. "Oh mommy, my paintings, my art!", were her exact words! It isn't this lavish, amazing thing, but just something simple that she can reflect on and remember doing.


For the border/frame, I had her watercolor paint on white 3x5 cards over the course of the past few months. All the pieces inside, were mostly done at her art classes she attends once a week. My plan is to rotate them out every few months and then frame my favorites in the house!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

LOVE IT!!! Great idea!

Katie said...

AWESOME! You come up with the best ideas!

I just bought a couple "document frames" at Michael's that hold 8.5 x 11 papers and am framing a couple things of Becca's. But I really love your idea! I may have to copy you!

Andrea and Ben said...

That is such a great idea!! I will have to remember this for later.

The Gilbert Crew said...

Love the artwork. She is a great artist! Love that dress. We will be in town Thursday. John's pin on ceremony is Friday around 3:00 and then we leave Sat morning.

d-people said...

Soooo cute! That is so great that she can reflect on personal accomplishments. Once again, you are a great mom :) Did she get another new pair of glasses? She looks so artsy with them on.

The Quinn Report said...

Yes, we ended up getting her 2 pairs of glasses; that way, we're covered if something happens to one of them!

Anonymous said...

What a neat way to display Salem's artwork. You are so clever Noel.
xoxo YaYa