Friday, August 29, 2008

Tiffanie Wyke 1982-2008

This post is dedicated to my beautiful friend, Tiffanie, who passed away early this afternoon in Phoenix, AZ. We grew up together from Preschool through the 5th grade.  At the time, she was my very best friend, and I will always cherish the special memories I have of her and I together.  

I've had/having a difficult time with her passing for a number of reasons.  For starters, Tiffanie was only 25 years old.  It's one thing for an elderly person to pass, but a young woman just beginning to live her life as an adult, I just can't fathom it.  I also only have early childhood memories of us together, so I still view Tiffanie as this young, innocent, 5th grader who I feel has been robbed of a wonderful life.  

Now, this just kills me inside and I put myself in the shoes of all the people in her family affected by this.  Tiffanie was a single mother of 2 young boys who will now grow up without their mommy.  My heart breaks and I can barely find the strength in me to type such a terrible thing. This just isn't fair and I've been waking myself up every night out of a dead sleep just pleading for this day not to come.  

Well, the day did come today and I'm incredibly sorrowful.  I can't even imagine the little ones mourning the loss of their mommy, and her parents doing the same.  I would never want my loved ones to feel such pain.  

Tiffanie was diagnosed with cancer just a few short months ago (less than 2).  Such terrible tragedy's can make you realize how precious life is and to not take a single day for granted. Tucking Salem into sleep tonight was different than before.  I just cried over her and showered her with a million kisses (I have done that, but tonight was special).  I know deep down in my heart that Tiffanie would have given anything just to spend one last waking minute with her two boys, and now, she can't.  

I'm not sure if the photos above came through of her or not.  They were shot just 2 short weekends ago with her entire family on vacation in California.  

"As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more."  

9 comments:

Katie said...

What a sickening tragedy. I am so sorry, Noel. I am sorry for her family and her children. I cannot imagine the pain all her loved ones are in. What kind of cancer was it?

(I can't see the photo)

Andrea_Ben said...

I am so sorry Noel. I cannot even imagine such a loss of a young life. My sympathies go out to her family and friends.

Tracy said...

That is so sad. It really makes one realize how short life is.

I can't see the picture, but when you click on the page, you go to a slide show of pictures.

It looks as if she was really happy with her family. Hopefully they are memories their family will always cherish.

The Quinn Report said...

Katie--

She had ovarian cancer and developed a tumor that could not be removed or she would have bled to death on the O.R. table. The tumor is what ultimately killed her.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

That is so very sad Noel. My heart goes out to them.

d-people said...

I just like everyone else that has and will hear this sad story am very sorry for you and her family. What a tough thing to deal with at such a young age, I just can not even come close to imagining what her family is dealing with. Hope you are doing well. That is great though that they were able to go on one last family trip and get photos of it.

Bloomingdale520 said...

It's so hard to believe that Tiffanie is already gone at such a young ge. Tiffanie's funeral is tomorrow and me and my sisters will be there, we went to high school with her. We had a lot of great times together and glad i got to see her one last time a week before she passed. I am just praying for strength for her family and her sons to get threw this tough time. Just remember she is in a better place and is not in pain anymore.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

You have the wrong year down for her birth year...

ryon said...

i dont know who posted this or how i found it and i dont think i can get back to this page even if i tried i have only known tiff since december but i spent xmas eve and xmas morning with her and it was the best xmas of my life her bday was one fro the books too i never went out with her or hung out with her and didnt have a great time she will be missed and is loved by everyone that came incontact with her i will miss u and love you even more tiff !
~your loving bf ryon~