Saturday, September 20, 2008

Snip...Snip...Clip...Clip!



No, it's not what you're thinking. The doctor didn't take all of Andrew's "friends" (aka a vasectomy....yet!). Instead................

Happy as can be...before it all started!!!!!!!!
My darling angel got her very first hair cut (more of a trim I would have to call it), yesterday afternoon. Let me tell you, it was an emotional roller coaster event. She went through every single mood swing there is possible. Happy one minute, screaming the next, ecstatic over the pink "fairy glitter" the hair dresser sprinkled in her hair, followed by a pissed off Salem over God knows what. If she was older, I would have definitely considered asking her if she was in need of a tampon. One things for sure, she's my little spit fire and I wouldn't trade her for the world! So, I took her to a local place in town that caters to children only. They have a cute, little set up with a playroom for the children who are waiting, a "Princess Party Room" (for all those crazy Hannah Montana fanatics), car chairs for the children to operate/distract their attention away from what's really happening to them, and movies being played for the same reason..GENIUS! Why didn't I come up with this? Oh, I know, because with children, such as mine, all that frilly shit doesn't work on her! She didn't care about all the extras that I had to pay for. Come on, a $17 dollar hair trim for a little one, give me a break! She insisted on sitting in the normal chair and wanted nothing to do with fun cars. She did, however, love the playroom and left the place kicking and screaming because I pulled her out of there after however many minutes (it felt like hours) we were in there. Overall, I would have done it that way for the first time all over again. It was special, they gave me a bag with her hair, and a certificate for her scrapbook. Next time, I'll keep the $17 and do it myself, or take her to Great Clips for $6.

5 comments:

joanna said...

Cute! Looks like fun - most times! I think our Great Clips is 11 or 12 for kids. That's where I take mine and me... no wonder I don't care too much for my cut! That's special they gave you a certificate! I can't get over the glasses... too cute.

Katie said...

I love the one with her crying while her hair is straight up in the air. Poor thing!!

I think those places are pretty smart....at least for the first couple of haircuts! Now we just go to GreatClips. I promise her a lollipop and it seems to work!

Tracy said...

I just can't get over how cute she is in those glasses..

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Love the template.

Love the pictures. The one crying is hilarious. She is adorable.

I don;t think I will every need to get W's hair cut. He still doesn't have much.

Andrea and Ben said...

I love the miriad of emotions you captured for this post, hilarious!!