Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tip-toeing

Today has been a day where you just want it to end.  I hate to say it, but it's true.  I woke up this AM not feeling well, but decided it was probably just the seasonal allergies going on.  I continued on with my day (at half speed), only to start feeling worse as the day progressed and was stressing out because I had so much to do.  My mom and I took Salem to gymnastics and immediately had to drive my 1 hour ass-pain stretch to get my freaking "stress test" taken care of.  Let me just tell you, driving there 2-3 times a week with a 2 year old that doesn't entertain herself very well is STRESSFUL enough as it is.  I could literally feel my blood pressure rise just TRYING to get there.  Oh, and for those of you who've never experienced Wilford Hall Medical Center before, you no shit have to allot 30 minutes to just find a damn parking spot there.  My God, I don't know if I can handle this for 2, 5, 8, SHIT....however many weeks I have left.  Not to mention, my girlfriend, lent me her dvd player because ours died on us a few weeks ago.....only to have HERS break on me on the drive there.  

Before I get more into this, the stress test went surprisingly well.  I did ask for a throat culture because I think from all the STRESS this week, I've come down with strep-throat.  Oh yeah, just what I need!  Andrew left this morning to go visit some friends; which is OF COURSE why all this is happening.  Haven't we talked about this a million times?  All hell breaks loose every time the man leaves the household for any length of time.  

I was exhausted by the time we drove into the garage after the long drive home with a child who wouldn't take a nap.  We walked in, only to catch a phone call from my friend (the one who let me borrow the dvd player that is now broken), who was hysterical because her 1 week old daughter was being transported by ambulance downtown S.A. to be admitted into the NICU.  I, without hesitation, took in her son with open arms so their families could do whatever they felt was necessary.  The kids were fine, but with all little ones, nothing is every smooth sailing.  Salem shit in her big girl panties.  That would have been fine had her friend not decided to dive-bomb off her bed and smack his face into the floor.  Remember, my throat hurts and I don't feel like talking as it is, so I basically just left both instances go without a fuss.  Salem either learned her lesson that she doesn't like the feeling of wet poop sitting in her drawers, or she doesn't give two shits and will repeat itself tomorrow.  Her friend either didn't like the feeling of his face bouncing off the ground, or he'll decide it was fun and try it again.  No matter what I said, it really wouldn't have mattered, so I just threw my hands up in the air and thought to myself, "The hell with it!"  Just as I thought I was all free and clear after her friend left, Salem then decided to dirty up her clean pair of panties my going "tink" all over her bedroom floor.  The potty training regressing kills me; she had been dry all day long!  

All of this also wouldn't have been a big deal had I not developed (what I believe is to be) edema in my left foot.  The circulation is so bad, that I can't even walk on my heels.  I tip-toe around like I'm trying to get a good calf workout in.  Not only that, but they immediately swelled up and I have bruising all over them.  I'm going to sleep on it tonight and dream happy thoughts that it will all go away by the AM.  If not, I'll be heading my wadeling ass back to the doctor in hopes of it NOT being a vascular problem. Edema is generally symmetrical is both feet, and that isn't necessarily the case I have going on.  My left foot is way worse off than my right. 

Please hold for an update on all of this tomorrow............   

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Holy crap that is a lot to take in. At least you have reinforcements there. Any chance you can get her to stay until the kiddos go to college? I try to get my mom to stay that long each time she comes out. Hopefully you will be more successful at it than I am.

joanna said...

What a rotten day!! I hope going to bed and putting your feet up helps, at least a little!

Andrea and Ben said...

I wish we lived in the same city so I could come over and help. I wish there was something I could do to ease your situation right now.

Jacobson said...

Sounds like a horrible day... hang in there Noel. : )

Samantha said...

Hey girl. I just tried to call you, hope things are going better for you and Janelle today. Call me when you get chance.

The Gilbert Crew said...

Noel, you POOR thing! I am so sorry you aare having to go through all of this. Yay for you that your momma is there to help out. If we were there I would take that precious baby and let you get some rest. Try to get some good sleep tonight!

Katie said...

God. What a freaking NIGHTMARE. I am so sorry this is so sucky!

But, I had to laugh at your description of the kids with the shitting and the face planting. That was a funny description.