Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm So In LOVE!



Andrew was out of town this weekend (Friday through this evening), and while he goes on these trips, I like to be productive and get things done. When he's home, I find myself falling behind on things I want to get to (scrapbooking, organizing, Tavin's birth announcements, painting, etc.) because I just want to sit and spend time with him after Salem's out for the night. SOOOOO, I had a list of things I was GOING to get accomplished this weekend and what have I done...NOTHING! I did get the house vacuumed and moped, but that is the extent of it.


Salem came down with a TERRIBLE stomach bug this weekend and I've been attending to her every need 'round the clock. My poor baby is in so much pain and I can't get her to eat anything. Every so often I can talk her into a sip of pedialyte or sprite, but that is it. Everything goes right through her. Does this stuff not ALWAYS happen while the guys are away or what? I could have used a set of extra hands more than you even know. I felt terrible, but I had to drag her out of the house this morning to get her some medicine. Luckily, she went diarrhea right before we left, and again the second we walked back in the house.



So, I say I haven't done anything, but I've actually done more than I can even imagine a person doing with NOOOOOOO sleep in 2 days. I don't even know how the two of us are even functioning. We've done every art activity under the sun to keep her mind occupied and not thinking about the pain she's in or her eyeglasses. Speaking of, she is actually doing tremendously well wearing them and now, I can't imagine her not having them. It's crazy how they can (and do) change the whole appearance/look of an individual.



Getting to the "L" word. Do you every find yourself just falling in love with your loved ones all over again? Of course you always have love for them, but sometimes, doesn't it just want to jump straight out of your chest? Last night when I putting Salem down for bed, she said to me,

"I love you, baby!" We always say I love you to each other, but she's never said it first before; and the fact that she called me "baby", was even sweeter! I just love my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sick baby slept on the couch for 3 hours and never moved out of this position. Notice the gazillion cups full of different mixtures of pedialyte.

6 comments:

The Gilbert Crew said...

I am so sorry, you baby luvs is sick. It is now fun to have one down when the dad is gone. Yes, it does always happen when they are gone. None of my kids are ever sick when he is here. They always get sick the day he leaves and better the day before he comes home. It is very sweet to here them utter those three words. Hayden is such a love he always tells us he loves us at any given moment. I hope she starts to fel better soon and the both of you get ALOT of rest!

The Gilbert Crew said...

That was supposed to say NOT fun, instead of now fun!

Samantha said...

Poor Salem, I hope she feels better!

By the way, she looks so sophisticated (if that's possible for a 2 year old) with her glasses and cute as always!

Katie said...

Oh God. Not the stomach bug. No no no. That is the WORST. I dread that with every fiber of my being.

I am sorry you have had to deal with it all on your own (OF COURSE it happens when the guys are gone. Of course.)

She does look precious sleeping there. I do think when your child is sick, it makes you just feel so maternal and loving towards them. They are so pitiful!

Tracy said...

Oh yes, there is some unwritten rule that everything happens when they are out of town and NOTHING happens when you leave town.

I hope she is feeling better soon.
I feel that way about Cait right now. With Madison in school, I am getting to know Cait for the first time (not Cait Madison's little sister, but really just Cait) I am in serious love.

Joel and Angela said...

UGHH! EVERY TIME the kids were sick Joel was gone! And yes...it is so awful to watch them be sick with the stomach bug! I hope she gets better soon!