Tuesday, September 30, 2008

18 and counting

No, I'm not referring to how many days I have left until I give birth.  I wish I had some sort of clue, but still don't.  Had another stress test yesterday and I'm assuming everything was okay since they let me leave.....they don't offer up much info. during these apts.  Next one is this Thurs. 

As far as 18 and counting goes, that is how many McCain/Palin signs we counted on our walk around our neighborhood last night. For one, our subdivision we live in is small, so when I speak of such numbers as 18, that's almost everyone.  Secondly, there isn't even 1 Obama/Biden sign. I'm having to control myself because this really only encourages me to do the obvious, and Andrew won't let me.  I don't think it's a big deal, I just want to show a little love/support!!! As far as him saying I can't do it, I think I should go above and beyond and get one of the extra large signs (one that would basically take up our whole front lawn), and surprise him when he comes home from work today....hehe!  

He said is main reasoning for not letting me do so is that he is undecided ( I swear it's the fighter pilot to fighter pilot BS he can't let go of).  I told him that if he decides to go with the dark side, then he can just add that sign to the yard as well and really confuse the hell out of our neighborhood...and look really white trash!  

7 comments:

Samantha said...

My parents neighbors have two Obama signs and one McCain sign in their yard...no idea what is going on at their household!!!

joanna said...

Ha! The girls noticed the first McCain sign in the neighborhood where Julia takes piano lessons. Every other sign in the neighborhood has been Obama, and there have been quite a few -

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I see Palin's name and want to scream... Thankfully, most of my neighborhood is Obama. A few have McCain/"woman against everything I believe in" signs and the feelings I feel when I see them makes me understand why Chris won't let me put a sign up at our house. That doesn't mean I can't wear my shirt and carry my water bottle with pride.

Can't wait til the debate this Thursday. Seriously, if he (McCain) would have picked someone else I might have had a harder time deciding who I was voting for. But, when the oldest man to ever run for Pres picks the most conservative woman out there. The choice is easy! No Palin! No way!!

Andrea and Ben said...

I love it, you really do care! I think the whole thing is crap - they are all politicians who will tell you what you want to hear in the end. I hate politics.
I am such an unpatriotic poop.

I say go for the signs, one each and maybe one for Ron Paul. Just confuse everyone!!!

The Quinn Report said...

There are even more out today....this is really starting to scare me!

Anonymous said...

the first one went up in our neighbourhood! is it wrong that I want to spray paint Obama across it? lol! I SO want to put a sign in our yard but since the house is for sale that is not going to happen because you know there is some dumbass out there that will not want to even consider buying our house because of an Obama sign!

Joel and Angela said...

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/kids-and-baby-clothing/design/25913723
I thought of you when I saw this! :)