Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The shits are brewing!

I can feel what is to come.  It hasn't happened yet, but I'm awaiting nervously.  Salem is over her illness and back to her fisty self and on top of it all, Andrew returned home with the shits too.  How in the heck did that happen?  The two of them weren't even around each other for DAYS.  Now, I can feel my stomach turnin' and burnin' as I prepare myself for yet another disaster in the Quinn household.  

Then, on top of all that, we're also awaiting the arrival of Ike ,which is now affecting us in the fact that I just received notice that Andrew will most likely be leaving tomorrow (and all weekend) to fly the jets out of here so they won't get damaged by the storm.  I want to crawl in a hole and not return for at least a week.  I don't feel well and how in the hell can I get through this.  Okay, I know I can and will, but I was anxiously looking forward to having my husband around this weekend because he has (and will be gone) every weekend this month with the exception of 1.  It could be worse, but of course it doesn't seem that way at this given moment. My body aches, I'm not sleeping at night, Tavin kicks me all hours of the day (probably because he has the shits too), and Salem has had a horrible past 2 days after being sick.  I haven't been out of the house in almost a week ( with the exception of getting up and going to the gym @430 before Andrew goes to work).  AAHHHHHHHHHHH,  someone sympathize with me here!! 

4 comments:

Katie said...

OMG! I snorted when reading about Tavin having the shits. That was funny shit (pun intended).

Your situation is NOT funny, though. I hope it passes you by. If you do end up sick in a hurricane while pregnant and with a toddler? That will SUCK. You will have rely on TV. Just let Salem watch it day and night and try to sleep on the couch with her nearby you. Does she like coloring? Maybe you could get Andrew to bring home a bunch of new non-messy art project stuff before he leaves--Color Wonder, etc. So she could be entertained while you lay down!? Just a thought...I hope you all get better ASAP!

Tracy said...

OMG don't you just love OPERATION ABANDON FAMILY? When we were almost married, he went ahead to NC. He ended up evacuating the jets. After he returned, it dawned on me. What the hell was I suppose to do if I was there at the time? That is when I was introduced to OPERATION ABANDON FAMILY.. Lovely. And sick? Maybe it is time for an emergency granparent visit to help you ride out the storm. Any grandparents biting at that???

Andrea and Ben said...

Funny post, but not funny that you are feeling crappy (hmmm, I guess there may be a reason we use that expression!). Hope you are feeling better soon.

joanna said...

You have my sympathy for getting up at 4:30 to go to the gym!! You must be Wonder Woman!! I wish I could make myself do that... well I suppose I could make myself do that... HOPefully it's a short-lived icky feeling and once Ike sees that Andrew left, he'll be nice and you won't be so stuck!