Friday, November 14, 2008

The story of my life

Waiting.  And Waiting. And WAITING some more.  Then WAITING for the right time, only to watch it pass me bye-bye.  It will probably happen tonight, which would be bad.  I went from being 100% on top of my game, to having a list of things I HAVE to get accomplished TOMORROW.  We have a friend in town, John Buske, who's coming over for dinner, I have a hair apt. in the afternoon, I HAVE to vacuum and mop (also sometime in the afternoon), hit the gym, repack Salem's overnight bag that she decided to destroy and scatter throughout the house while I was finishing up wrapping the last Christmas presents, along with other odds and ends here and there.    It also doesn't help that are weather has been completely random with today being 80 degrees, tomorrow 70, and Sunday with an AM temperature of 34.  Why even bother with the damn bags to begin with when I stress over having to change them out on a daily basis?  

So, I would like to know what your estimates are/will be for the little guy.  Just when I feel as if it's going happen, I feel like I take 10 steps back.  Then repeat, repeat, repeat.  Today I'm 38 weeks & 5 days.  I have NO clue if I'm dilated or not; I've not even once been checked by my doctor.  Can't say I'm really complaining about it or know anyone that looks forward to spreading their legs for that reason.  On the other hand, part of me is a bit curious to know if we're progressing at all here.  

So, I'll be the first guess and pick the 24th (the doc.'s will let me go up until the 29th due to his size.)  I'll also estimate that he'll be 5 pounds 11 ounces, and be 19 1/2 inches long.  Salem was 5.1 and only 17 1/2 inches long...tiny girl!  

Other than that, have a great weekend and I'll keep you all posted (and hopefully add some pic.'s) in the near future!  

5 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I am so glad the little guy is still in there and growing. I have been worried about him/you and so happy to hear you are over 38 weeks.

As far as a date, I am guessing the 28th first and 27th second.

I also think he will be bigger than you think. 6# 8 ounces is my guess. Length 19.5.

Samantha said...

Wow, I just still can't believe you have made it this far...way to go!

I am guessing the 26th and I too think he is going to be bigger than you think. Around 6 1/2 to 7 pounds and closer to 20 inches.

Katie said...

I'm guessing the 28th (I just read that Jamie is too....but that was my first thought, so I"m going with it!)

I think he'll be 6 pounds even and 19 inches even! :)

I HATED that waiting phase. I feel your pain! Are you still getting NSTs twice a week?

The Quinn Report said...

No, the NST'S are done and over with now. He had a HUGE growth spurt last month, so I was able to give them up 2 weeks ago!

d-people said...

Nov 26th - 6 1/2lbs - 20in