Monday, November 24, 2008

Story now, pictures later

We welcomed baby Tavin Andrew Quinn into the world on Saturday, November 22nd, @ 8:40 PM.  I FINALLY got the okay to head to the hospital around 2:00 that afternoon.  By the time we arrived, got checked in, and had the pitocin running through my veins, it was 4:45 PM.  I opted not to use drugs again and go all natural.  Labor was quick, I pushed for 30 seconds, and he was here!  Tavin was way bigger than anyone imagined and weighed in at 6 pounds 4.8 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long!  Did any of you guess it right?  I had the inches down, but was off on his weight.  We were discharged late last night, but have found ourselves having to drive all the way back to Wiflord Hall every day this week for a daily weight check on him.  He's dropped to 5 pounds 11 ounces (which is in the 10% range that doctors don't like to see you go over.)  So, as a mother, I am stressing, yet again, over the idea that I may not be able to produce enough milk for him.  I'm fine with bottle feeding, but I REALLY wanted to see if I could make breast feeding work this time around.  I'll have to see how it goes once my actual milk arrives.  

Now we're working on the normal sibling adjustments that everyone goes through and thank goodness we've had lots of extra hands around to help us out.  My mom and stepdad left this AM, and Andrew's parents are now here until friday.  Tavin was born on my mom's birthday and what a specail gift he was/is!  

I promise to post pictures in the AM. I'm exhausted and going to work on catching up on some much needed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's!  Check back tomorrow for photos of little Andrew....he looks just like him and Salem!  

8 comments:

Jacobson said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures; I'm sure he's adorable.

Kelly said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Quinn Family!!!! So glad to hear you are home and you are all healthy! Can't wait to see pictures of the little man and maybe we can meet him as we drive through Texas. Love you guys ~ The Ott's

Samantha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad they were able to get you in on Saturday and I guessed around 6 1/2to 7 pounds and closer to 20 inches...not too far off!

d-people said...

AAAHHH!! Yeah, he is finally here! I am so happy that you finally have your little guy in your arms. I as well can not wait to see pics. Hope you all are doing well

The Gilbert Crew said...

How Wonderful!!!! Congratulations. I am so glad the labor went well and you and baby Tavin had no difficulty. I am dying to know what Miss Salem has said and thinks about her baby brother. Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Katie said...

I'm so happy he is here and healthy! Congratulations. We are all dying to see photos!! HURRY UP....it isn't like you have anything else to do (ha ha hahaaaaaa).

Get some sleep! We'll wait patiently for more (well, maybe not patiently...)

Andrea and Ben said...

I am sooo not the patient one in this group - I want pictures!!! I know, take your time for your sake, but know I am DYING over here!! I would never have guessed that big - well done momma ;0)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Heather and Yuri :-)