Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just 1 more day.....

until I feel as if I can relax a little.  My mom and step dad are flying in tomorrow afternoon for 5 days to "cover" for us in case we happen to go into labor.  If it were, by chance, to happen tonight, Salem would have to go over to Knox's house and I've been stressing over that for weeks. Janelle, Knox's mama, just had a baby girl 6 weeks ago; so I feel as if it would be too much for anyone in that situation to handle.  I feel physically ready (he's been moving more than usual these past few days); however, emotionally I'm not there at all.  I think all pregnant women get to that point where you feel as if it's never going to end and your going to be huge and miserable the rest of your life!  Yep, I'm basically there!  

I'm also trying to cram too much into such a short period of time.  I'm having guilty feelings about Tavin coming along, so I'm doing everything and all that I can on a daily basis with Salem.  So far today she's been to the dentist (okay, not exactly fun, but at least we did it together???), the library, park, lunch outing with Knox, and I took her to get her favorite...ice cream!!!!  Now she's napping and I should be making one of my 199 meals that I'm freezing, but instead, I'm venting and shoving as many sour starburst's into my mouth as fast as I can.  

I have this weird and unrealistic idea in my head that life is going to come to a complete halt the day we bring him home and that we'll NEVER be able to get out and enjoy all of life's beauty ever again!  So that is why I'm basically killing myself trying to let Salem have the time of her freakin' life!  I love it, but hate it all at the same time. You should see a 10 month pregnant beast trying to crawl her fat ass in and out of various inflatable jumping castles at our nearby indoor jumping gym.  It isn't pretty and we'll just leave it at that!  

So, I'm looking forward to having my family here!  My mom's birthday is this weekend and we'll also be celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, and putting up all the holiday decor with them!  It'll also be nice spreading out the present overload for Salem throughout the next month (Andrew's parents come next week and we'll be doing the same with them.) 

Time for me to get a crack-a-lacking on more of those meals that I'm nesting over.  That's another thing, I also feel that I'll never have time to cook a meal in my life ever again, so I'm cooking and freezing things up a storm....what an idiot!  I'll probably have more time than ever because we will be stuck in the house all day!  Someone stop me, please!  

5 comments:

The Gilbert Crew said...

Hey girl...Take a breath, hold it, and now exhale!!! Trust me as overwhelming as it may seem now, you will actually breeze right through it all. Three kids later we are still here and loving life. The good thing is you have been through all of it already, it's just like riding a bike. There will still be plenty of time for Salem to have you all to herself. Also remember, Salem still has lots and lots of firsts to come. So even though she is sharing the spotlight, it will still be hers on many occassions. As far as cooking, you go girl. Make a deal with Andrew to have him cook at least once a week and be sure to treat yourself to a meal out or bring it in. I promise you will find your groove and will be soon toting 2 kids by yourself everywhere. Good luck this week and keep us posted!

Samantha said...

OMG...you are way too prepared! I didn't cook or freeze one meal before Parker came along.

Don't worry, you will be back in your regular groove in no time.

Katie said...

You're taking the opposite approach from me. I figured since Becca was about to get majorly ignored, I should break her in slowly....so I didn't do as much with her at the end of my pregnancy as I used to. Poor thing, right? OH well, she's adjusted JUST FINE. So will Salem.

I was really glad I made meals ahead of time, but really...you could just buy some frozen stuff and save yourself the hassle. Just having easy stuff to heat up is nice....but Stouffer's works, right?

And, we DEFINITELY do not get out of the house as much now. At all. I guess I am just too lazy to attempt it. I hope my kids don't get too bored with their life.....

I'm glad you have relatives coming. That is awesome. I totally, totally understand the stressing about where the older kid will go thing. That is really a very stressful thing!Good thing for Grandparents!

d-people said...

Your so dang cute, I love you! Things are gonna happen the way they are gonna happen so just relax as much as you can and enjoy the great moments that are up the road. Just remember, people do this every day, it's kind of ironic that I am watching John and Kate plus 8...just be thankfull that you are not in that situation! Have a fun and time with the rents and relax as much as your crazy @$$ can! If I don't get to talk to ya before the big day good luck!

joanna said...

What's that they say, expect the worst and you won't be disappointed? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you can do all the things you and Andrew have done with Salem in tow, then you'll have no problem doing tons of fun stuff as a family of 4. My other suggestion, if you're really worried about being stuck at home, is to have a friend there invite you do meet her places - like Target or the park or out for lunch. That's what my friend did for me in NC and I surprised myself at what all I was able to do with 2. It'll all work out okay in the end!