Saturday, November 22, 2008

Delayed

I am aging right before my very eyes.  I haven't slept since they informed me of what was/is supposed to be my induction today.  I attempted to fall asleep at 12oo and had my alarm set for 3am to head to the hospital, only to call and find out that they have "quite a few beds full and to go back to sleep and call back at 8."  WHAT?????? GO BACK TO SLEEP, are you KIDDING ME?????? Andrew, of course, stripped down and zonked back out in NO time; I, on the other hand, know such a thing wouldn't happen even if my life depended on it.  How am I supposed to catch some zzzzz's when I'm scheduled to be giving birth sometime today?  Seriously.  

So, instead, I sit here trying to figure out what in the hell to do with myself to kill time for 3 1/2 hours while everyone else in the household is doing what I SHOULD and wish I COULD be doing.....sleeping!  I'm so envious.  

Will keep you posted. If it doesn't occur today, trust me, you'll know.  I'll have a nasty blog about it later this afternoon; or, you'll hear from us sometime Monday afternoon with photos of our precious!  

8 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Ummmm....HELLO! Is anyone there????? Why aren't you people commenting on my blog?????? It's 5 AM, isn't anyone else awake out there??????

THIS so isn't fair!

Katie said...

HA HA HA! I was up at 5 a.m. but I wasn't commenting! When I saw your comment on my blog, I was thinking you were KRAZEEE. Then I came over here and read why. I would never be able to sleep either. How annoying that you have to just wait and call. I hope they tell you to come in at 8!

GOOD LUCK! We all can't wait to meet Tavin!

d-people said...

What the hell? I am totally with ya, no way I would be able to fall back asleep either. I am up early too, Luke got called into work and I can not fall back asleep so good mornin! I hope for your sake that they are ready for you at 8, I'm crossing my fingers!

The Quinn Report said...

Okay ya'll, it's 8:18 AM and I'm STILL home. They don't have room for me and don't know when they'll be able to get me in. I'm on hold all day at home until they call me. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Im so sorry. that is the cruelest thing someone could do to a pregnant woman. Hang in there. Maybe do some jumping jacks and try to get him out yourself.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Soon sweetie. Soon. It will all be okay! He'll be in your arms, soon.

Since you haven't posted or commented... I am hoping all is well and you are pushing that little guy out! Or holding a healthy boy in your arms.

Sending you speed, health, calmness, and joy!!

Andrea and Ben said...

Hahaha, I guess you got in since you have not BLOGGED ALL DAY!!!!! I am freaking out, good think I mailed your package ;0)

Lysandra said...

Where is that baby?