Thursday, November 20, 2008

SATURDAY IT IS!

Another induction will be the outcome of baby Tavin on Saturday AM!  We're excited, but it still hits you like a ton of bricks.  It's also weird having your choice of days to choose from when exactly you want your child to brought into this world.  We decided to roll with this weekend for a number of reasons:

1) It's my mom's birthday and she's here visiting!
2) So my mom and stepdad have the opportunity to even meet the little guy (they fly out Monday AM)
3) In my opinion, the sooner the better
4) Wilford Hall should be WAY more quite during the weekend and I'm the ONLY induction being done on Saturday.

Why are they inducing you ask?  Well, also for a # of reasons.  My belly is only measuring @ 33 weeks (2 months behind schedule), I haven't gained a single ounce in 6 weeks and I'm shoving all and everything I can into my mouth, and Tavin has only grown an estimated 3 ounces in 3 weeks (which isn't sufficient enough.) 

AGAIN, I'm not surprised.  The SAME things ALL happened with Salem, but at an earlier rate. Most women and babies pack on the pounds the last few weeks of pregnancy and in our case, the exact opposite happens.   

So, with all of this, I have a TON of things to accomplish within the next 24 hours.  Salem has holiday photos in the AM, followed by birthday celebrations (mine and my mom's), Thanksgiving, and Christmas in the PM.  We thought we would do it all up while we're together instead of sending gifts in the mail over the holiday rush.  I also have a LONG LIST of the "last minute to do" things before we head to the hospital.  Just keep your fingers crossed that it all works out.  We have to call labor and delivery at 4 AM Saturday morning to see if they have room for us.  If not, they'll just keep pushing it back day- after- day.  I can just feel the gray coming through on my newly colored red hair.  

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh wow. I am excited for you! I can imagine the emotions you are feeling. Hang in there. You are about to meet this little guy!

Did you mention it is your birthday too? Happy birthday!

The Quinn Report said...

My Mom's is tomorrow (22nd) and the day Tavin should be born...

mine isn't until December 6th! Thank you!

d-people said...

AAHHHH!!! I am so excited for you to meet Tavin! I was gonna say have fun but I can't imagine that giving birth is a hoot so have fun finally having a little boy =) I can not wait to see pics of him! Good luck and I love you.

joanna said...

How exciting! and stressful - I'm guessing it helps that you've been through it before with Salem so hopefully it's more a happy excitement than anything else. I think it would be weird to know when you were going in to have the baby - I think I'd start counting down 'lasts' from about a week out.