Monday, October 6, 2008

There is no I in WE!


This weekend was successful and WE were able to cross many to-do's off our list! The one thing I didn't get around to that should have been a bigger priority, was getting my hospital bag packed. That I will have to get done before this coming Thursday. Our accomplishments included:

*I went to my girls night out crop night from 6-12 on friday! It's always fun and I was able to complete 3 scrapbook pages and 20 more of Tavin's birth announcements!

*The gym on Saturday followed by yard work, family jet photos at Andrew's squadron, and YES, I FINALLY got Tavin's room painted and the curtains hung up! I have to give a big thanks to Andrew (who HATES anything having to do with painting), who offered to tape the wall off for me and even touch up paint! It made my life much more easier!
See his diaper/hopsital bag on the shelf? Yeah, I have so much stuff for him in there that I can't even close the darn thing!

*Sunday was actually relaxing and we played outside with Salem most of the day. Then, in the evening, I made dinner for my girlfriend who just brought her baby girl home from the hospital. You should have seen us in the kitchen, Andrew was making our dinner (steaks, potatoes, beans, etc., while I'll was cooking baked ziti, salad, and bread for our neighbors/and a plate of it for us tonight; along with cheese rice and broccoli from Salem. It was a mad house, but everything worked out in the end and tasted yummy!

*We got going on the office, but it still needs a lot of work. We need to eventually move everything out of the office to turn it into our now guest room (Tavin's room used to be the guest room). Andrew's parents are coming to visit us next week; so that gives us at least 7 days to complete our task..yikes!

* One of my main accomplishments this weekend was getting half of this year's upcoming Christmas presents wrapped! People, I WILL NOT have the time with a newborn, guests visiting, a toddler running around, etc. to do such a thing a month or so from now. I finished this years shopping last year, and the wrapping has begun! I will say it does feel a little strange getting everything together with not a single Christmas decoration in sight, and sweating while I'm doing so. Oh well, come Nov/Dec., I'll be happy that it's all over with and can hopefully relax. Okay maybe I won't be relaxing, but at least I'll be able to chase and play more with my kids and husband!

3 more that I knocked out this AM before Salem got out of bed!

4 comments:

joanna said...

Are you kidding me?? That is SO unfair. You should NOT be done with Christmas shopping! No! No! Every year I think I should start in January and be done before October so I can actually enjoy the birthdays and fall holidays without stressing about having done ZERO Christmas shopping. Every year I wait until after Thanksgiving to even start. You did too much. Now I feel like a sloth. Lie to me and tell me you're sitting on the couch all day eating bon-bons and watching soap operas while Salem has a tea party with cocoa powder in the kitchen. That would make me feel better.

Joel and Angela said...

So ahead of the game!!!! Let me know how your apt went today.

Andrea and Ben said...

Holey crap!! I love the color, love the curtains and am in disbelief that you got all of that done so far (most impressed by the presents being wrapped - in October - wow!). Make sure you are getting plenty of time to put your feet up and gorge on some ice cream!!!

Samantha said...

WOW! You did more in a weekend than I do in a week!