Monday, October 13, 2008

BPA Free

THIS is great!  Go ahead and load your happy little selves up in the car with all the TONS, and TONS of old bottles you have in the house BECAUSE.....

Babies R Us is taking ANY bottles you have that contain Bisphenol and replacing them! The best part is, you don't even have to have a receipt!  NONE of mine that I used with Salem were purchased there, and it doesn't matter...they take them without hesitation!  I didn't believe something so wonderful could be true, until I slammed 20 on the counter and came home with 20 brand spanking new ones (without spending a single cent) that are BPA Free!  

Now, I will say that I've had friends that have had different outcomes with this, depending on what store you go to.  From what I've heard, you're supposed to pay the difference (bisphenol free ones are more expensive).  I, on the other hand, didn't have to.  Like I said, I came home with 6 brand new packages. I traded mine brand for brand (Dr. Brown's for BPA Free Dr. Brown's).  That's another "issue" some of my friends have come across.  Some stores are making them trade the brand for brand way, and others will let you get whatever ones you want with you having to pay the difference (if the ones you choose are more expensive. ) Regardless, I still think it's a great service being provided and I had to share.  

7 comments:

joanna said...

That's impressive! I guess BabiesRUs is getting reimbursed somehow, but still - very nice!!

Samantha said...

I recently exchanged all my Avent bottles and ran into some trouble with the Babies R Us at the Forum but the one near North Star Mall was more than accomodating. I think it is great that they are exchanging the bottles but am irritated they all don't have the same policy since they are all the same store!

Andrea and Ben said...

This is nice. I heard about this. I should have taken in the ones my mom gave me instead of throwing them away (Reid didn't like them anyway). Hope they took them all!

Katie said...

Well, SHIT. I THREW MINE ALL AWAY. Tons of barely EVER used bottles (Becca refused them). Even some brand new ones. It killed me to toss them. Oh well. Better that than endocrine system malfunctions, right?

Joel and Angela said...

Hey...do you know if Avent bottle are BPA free? And how do you find out?

The Quinn Report said...

Angela--

Avent makes both---with and without BPA. Chances are, if the bottles are older, then they most likely do contain it. I would take them in and switch them out (you'll be able to tell the difference by the looks of the bottles).

A girlfriend of mine informed me of the swap, who had heard of it from her friends in Dallas.

Anonymous said...

they did this in Canada a little over a year ago. They banned all BPA products there. The States are still saying that there is no long term effect so I am surprised they are finally doing this here. My sister bought a ton of bottles here in the States for super cheap and then returned them all in Canada when they put the notice out. The bottles cost twice as much there!