Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feeling Festive!

October is HERE and I've only been waiting for it since ummmm....9 months now! The halloween/fall decor has been out for a few weeks now (okay, maybe a little early, but I couldn't wait...I was tooooo excited), I can feel a slight change in temperature (maybe it's just my imagination due to being over excited), and we're busting out the stylish fall clothing for Salem along with fun activities/games! There was just so much summer I could take and so much squeezing my overly- large- pregnant- tooshie into a tiny bikini that I could take! I'll miss the tan, but enough Schlitterbahn already until next year!

Salem mentioned yesterday that she wanted to "paint pumpkins outside mommy"; so that's what we did! We set up shop, soaked in some (again, slightly cooler) rays, and painted mini pumpkins. One was for daddy and the other was specifically for her boyfriend, Knox. I think they turned out really cute and she had a blast doing just so!
The way her glasses have fallen to the tip of her nose make me laugh!
On another note, I had yet ANOTHER stress test today. Things are fine, but we had a bit of a scare. I was having contractions while I was hooked up to all the machines, so they kept me there longer than usual before they would discharge me. Due to the contractions and variables, I also had to have an ultrasound to check Tavin's fluids, heart, etc. Eventually, everything settled down and I was able to go to the only place I wanted to be, HOME! I can't even begin to explain how tiring this all is having to do this 2-3 x's per week. I can physically/emotionally feel it beginning to take a toll on me. I can feel the wrinkles appearing on face every time I walk through the doors of Wilford Hall. I was told to have all bags packed and be ready for anything. I've been procrastinating the issue, but after today, I'll take the advice and run! I've had Tavin's packed for 2 months (are you shocked?), but haven't even thought of what I should bring!

This weekend is going to be full accomplishments! Tomorrow night, I'm going to the local scrapbook store for CROP night to work on Tavin's birth announcements from 6-midnight with a group of ladies, I have to paint Tavin's room, get the guest bed out of there, get the car seat ready (even though we probably wouldn't use it right away if something happened anytime soon), get the office straightened up, and oh yeah, pack my bag(s)!
Check back to see how much we (or I) really get to!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yay, FALL! Hooray! I love the glasses on the tip of her nose. She is just so cute....

I know EXACTLY how much stress all that prenatal testing is. I feel for you. And I only had to do it once a week. 2-3 times is just TORTURE, I'm sure. I hope that things settle down quickly.

Oh, I wish I had packed ear plugs in my hospital bag (when he was in the NICU and I was trying to sleep at night--it is LOUD in those hallways!)

I don't think you should do the painting of his room either. Can you hire it out?

Samantha said...

Fall is my favorite time of year as well...I love the weather (when it actually gets cooler), the colors, the clothes, just everything about it!

The pumpkin painting is a really good idea and am thinking I might try that with Tristan...sounds like fun.

I am glad to hear everything is OK with Tavin, even though you are having to drive to SA so many times a week...hopefully he will continue to grow and get stronger every day.

joanna said...

Cute!! I never would have thought to paint a pumpkin. Usually my girls have gotten tired of waiting for me to pull out decorations and they start drawing on the pumpkins with Sharpies though. I never packed a bag til the last minute - and it seemed especially for the 2nd or 3rd that Oliver wasn't with me 24 hrs and he could always bring back whatever I forgot or decided I needed. Looks like hanging out with Salem is a great way to de-stress!

Andrea and Ben said...

You are like me. I tore out all of my fall decorations and have been going crazy!!

I packed my bag the day they said they were inducing me. I should have had it packed before though, it was only a little over 2 weeks before my due date. Good luck with that!!

d-people said...

You are so right about Salem's super cute picture, you have gotta keep that pic out! How does the Dr think that all the driving to appts is not going to give you additional stress? Your such a champ, don't know how you do it!