Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catch Up Take 1,999

Goodness, where I have been? Running around like a mad woman would be the answer to that question.!

Back up. 2 weeks ago, we hosted a charity event at our house to raise money for the Air Force Assistance Fund (to benefit families of wounded soldiers, etc.,etc.). Andrew and his buddy, Andrew, from pilot training (years ago), cooked up a massive crawfish boil (that I HEARD was tasty; I don't dare eat anything that is in the same family as a cockroach.) Best of all, Joe, Val, and HARB (all friends from Alaska), came in for the event and spent the weekend with us!!! For those of you who are unfamiliar, HARB married Andrew & I in Alaska and then Joe/Val a few months after (in AK, ANYONE can get a license to marry couples for a day.) Now, Joe is flying in Del Rio, and HARB is the West Coast A-10 Demo Pilot out of Tucson.


Val, Joe & HARB



So, the guys & Val (she loves crawfish), stood around the table all night eating bugs, while the girls took care of "real business"...... throwing shots down like they were going out of style. We had our priorities in order!




Ah, I almost forgot about the famous Quinn weed sprayer filled with margarita mix!



It was a wonderful evening full of friends, laughter, food , fun & Andrew sarinating us all with classic fighter pilot songs! I've come to conclusion that a party isn't a parrrrty without Jeremiah Weed, fighter pilot songs, & HARB showing us a crap ton of aviation related videos on the computer! Gotta love them!


Andrew singing to us


On another note, Katie is here (can't wait to see you!), my mom gets into town this evening, I'm in full-up ironman training mode (ex.... I trained for 5 hours on Sat, light run on Sunday, 4 hours yesterday, and 2 today.) I'm back to 2-a-days for most of the week with one complete rest day where I over carb-o-load. I get up at 4AM and workout for few hours before Andrew heads to work, then I go back with the kids to utilize the alloted 2 hours. This way, I don't feel as if too much time is taken away from the family. The race is in October (Austin), with a few olympic distance triathlons in between. I've been working with a trainer, swim coach, & friend (who've I've managed to talk into racing with me... love you Jenni!), to make me a more efficient/ well-rounded competitor and tweak my form/weaknesses. I love it all! Other than being a wife and mommy to my family, THIS is what I feel like I'm meant to do in this life. Pushing my body to its maximum limits brings me so much joy (crazy, huh!???)

Andrew and I also purchased iphones over the weekend. I find myself throughout the day wondering why in the hell I even did such a thing. People, I barely have the time to wipe my own ass, let alone play with a damn gadget! Half the time, I end up calling people by accident because of the sensitive touch screen. To be honest, if I didn't have children, I would just do away with the whole cellphone dilemma. The thought of people NOT being able to get a hold of me 24/7 sounds....... PEACEFUL! Although, with having 2 little ones around, I'm not quite sure what peaceful means anymore. It sounds good though!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

wait until you are waiting in carpool lane.. IT is AMAZING! My phone is not an iphone, but it does have full internet and I do all my emailing, facebooking and general surfing waiting for madison to get done with school. VERY handy tool.

Lisa said...

Triathlons are addicting! I joined the Tucson Tri-Girls which helped me a ton in training for my first race. You should look around your area for a support group (makes Sunday running fun).

Good luck in Austin (and in-between)...once I pickle, I can't wait to start training again!

Andrea_Ben said...

So glad you caught up with Harb! Gotta love that guy :0)