Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I've turned into THAT MOM!

My" hip" days are officially over. I'm uncool, out of style, and just plain old LAME-O! I went shopping this weekend by myself and hated ever second of it. Sounds crazy, right? I didn't know what to do with myself. Didn't know where to put my hands, felt awkward walking around without children in tow, and couldn't find one article of clothing that I would remotely even think of spending money on. I had 6 hours to spend at the mall, and jetted after 3 to find the nearest Target because I felt more "at home" there. I NEVER in a million years thought that I would EVER feel this way or say such words. I used to LOVE shopping. I loved shopping so much that I did it almost every day after school. What has happened to me?



I'll go ahead and answer that myself. I recently made a purchase of one of these:



That, in itself, should explain what has happened to me. I no longer care about what is cool. I simply go with what is functional and makes my life easier; to include wearing my keys around my wrist at all times!


Don't be surprised if you find me out shopping one of these at the local Penny's with Mom-jeans on, sporting an 80's fanny-pack & a cellphone clip attached to my (mom-jeans pocket!)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Wait. Those wrist things aren't cool? Because I LOVE mine (Tracy gave it to me). I can ALWAYS find my keys in my purse because that thing floats to the top. It is genius.

That's hilarious that you couldn't find anything to buy. I don't even let myself go to the mall because I would lose control and buy everything. Also, HOW DID YOU HAVE 6 HOURS TO YOURSELF? I'm jealous! :)

I think there is a time when we all realize we are officially MOMS and not cool hip people anymore. It sucks.

SchultzMomma said...

You are too funny! I love it.... I'm so there with ya (not knowing what to do with myself w/out kids). I'm all about Target & function over fashion! No matter what, in a few years our kids will think we're big dorks anyway!

Andrea_Ben said...

You are a nerd.

Tracy said...

HOLY CRAP, you just TOTALLY described me EXACTLY! Oh and I have one of those key things too. I'm so out of it, I thought they at least not "un" cool. Shows what I know.

6-guilt-free- HOURS? Wow sounds like heaven.

Joel and Angela said...

OK ladies...Don't believe a word NOEL just wrote. She is STILL hip and makes me look like I am so out of sense with style. Well....maybe I am. But she ALWAYS LOOKS GREAT!
My problem is I don't want to buy the nice clothes because I know what is going to end up on them or I have to take them to the dry cleaners and we know that ain't gonna happen!!