Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby Love.....I LOVE THIS!!!

This was taken a few weeks back. Salem decided that Tavin needed a princess crown too!



I admit it.  I'm crazy about babies.  I love babies.  I can't get enough of them!  Seriously, I am in love. Again.  

Unlike my firstborn, I am not anxious for him to reach another milestone or learn a new trick.  At least not yet.  A new trick means he's a month older and a day closer to "growing up."  Instead, I am relishing the moment.  I am soaking in these baby days that are fleeing before my eyes.  Did I mention that I 
love babies?

So, if you're wondering why my answering machine is taking more of your calls, my house isn't as clean and dishes stay in the sink a day longer.....it's because I am enjoying my baby boy. My little man won't be this tiny forever and he won't give me those delicious open-mouth kisses forever, either.  I'm soaking it up while I can.  

Spoken by my friend, Liz Joseph

3 comments:

Andrea_Ben said...

Is it sad that I do not want even my first born to reach the milestones?? I am sad that he is sleeping all night and doesn't even want to be rocked to sleep.....am I crazy!?

Love that SWEET little Tavin!!!!!

Katie said...

Oh yes. This is what I think EVERY DAY. I cry when he reaches new milestones--squirming intsead of cuddling. THIS IS KILLING ME. I LOVE babies too. It is kids that I don't do so well with (did I just say that?) Well, it is true. Babies are the best things in the entire world. And they turn into little brats WAY TOO FAST. Dammit. I have to go cry some more into my baby's hair.

It is especially different when you know that the current baby is your last. And it isn't because I can't handle another baby. I can't handle another kid.

Tavin is PRECIOUS. I want to blow raspberries on his little cheeks!

SchultzMomma said...

I know exactly where you're coming from. It all happens way too fast. I can't believe mine are 5, almost 4, and almost 5 months!... where does the time go? The fact that Kallisa is 95th percentile for weight & height doesn't help with the whole growing-up-way-too-fast thing. The chores can wait, cherish that sweet little guy to your heart's content!

I love this quote: "It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher.
Then suddenly they disappear."