Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just Wondering....

Is there anyone out there, other than myself, that DIDN'T do any holiday cooking/baking?  Other than a few side dishes for dinner tomorrow and a pumpkin pie, I, once again, ordered my ham from the New Braunfels Smokehouse.  With us being alone, I just don't see the need to cook myself into a mad frenzy!  I would get myself all worked up (for nothing) because my children would be screaming for me while I frantically tried to cook up a ton of goods and for what.....just so Andrew and I can get fat??????  No, not this year!  I'm trying to loose the baby weight, not gain it all back and then some!  I hope you all enjoy your wonderful breads, casseroles, baked goods, etc.; I AM jealous and I'm sure Andrew is too!  

4 comments:

Joel and Angela said...

PLEASE!!! COME AND TAKE ALL THIS FOOD FROM MY HOUSE!!! What was I thinking?

joanna said...

Ha! I didn't cook either. We're catching a plane this afternoon. I did make a pumpkin pie so we'd have something for breakfast - but we had hodgepodge for dinner last night. And planning an airport Xmas dinner. I even used cookies the neighbors gave us to give to Santa (and he forgot to eat them!). I can't believe you have much baby weight to lose though -

Katie said...

Hey. I think you were S.M.A.R.T. not to spend all that time cooking up crap that just gets eaten or tossed. No point. Seriously. I wish I could have that day of my life back.....

Merry Christmas!

Heather Bridges said...

I hear you girl...after making everything I couldn't bring myself to eat it, because I saw everything I put in the stuff...haha...wish I had Patrick's metabolism!!!! We have enough food to feed a small country, so come get some of ours soon!! Or I can send it in with Patrick to work for Andrew!!