Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Been busy







Goodness, where does the time go?????? I don't even know where to begin! For the past month, we've had non-stop guests (my mom & stepdad, Andrew's parents, Kelly & Glenn Ott, and one of my best friends from Alaska, Kim, just left 2 days ago.) You can also throw in giving birth Tavin, Thanksgiving, my birthday ( the 6th), Christmas decorating, sick kid, doctor's apt.'s, picture apt.'s, sitting on Santa (well, Tavin sat on Santa; Salem was scared shitless once she laid eyes on him), and I can't even remember what else...but I know there's a ton more under this sleep deprived mind of mine!

Tavin's 2 week well baby checkup went as planned...he's right on track and growing like a weed! As of yesterday, he's out of preemie diapers (Salem wore them for the first 2 months of life), he can fit into "some" newborn sets, and is my little snuggle bear. He LOVES to cuddle up with mommy and sleep; I just love it!




Weight: 6 pounds, 14 ounces
Height: 19 inches.....what the heck? Tavin was 19 1/2 inches at birth. Someone told me that it's "normal" and babies shrink in size after the cone head goes down. Tavin never had a cone head to begin with. He came out to darn fast for such a thing to occur. Oh well, I'll let it go that they said my kid shrunk!
Head: 35 cm.

I have bucket loads of photos to share with you; however, I'm still trying to figure out how to use my birthday present to its fullest! Yes ya'll, he delivered! Andrew surprised me with the camera that I've been asking for for years.....okay, months (Canon Rebel XSi!) I love it, but dread the learning process that is associated with new gadgets.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

You'll love the new camera, it's really easy to use. Glad you guys are doing well.

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness! a baby! (oh and Tavin too) Welcome to mommyhood of what i call my 3rd baby. Yay Andrew!! Bring on those photos! Now on to the software. What do you use to edit your photos? Start by downloading Picasa3 if you havenn't already. Super easy to work with and does a good job on the pictures.

Madison was shorter too. I was told that they are far less active right after birth so they can get a better measurement. They are much more wiggly at 2 weeks and I remember how they measure.. Not an exact science.

Oh and Happy Birthday! (a little late)

Andrea_Ben said...

I found the picture from Salem's annoucement the other day and am surprised (not really) at how much they look alike!!

I am sooooooo JEALOUS of the camera. Someday.

The Gilbert Crew said...

Noel, he is so cute and looks just like you! Glad to hear you are doing well. Have fun with the new camera, I am still working on John for one of those!!!