Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This week in a nutshell

SOOOO Sweet!
Gotta love a man fixing a woman's hairbow!
Salem and Peyton at the ranch
  WARNING: NO MAKEUP, but my baby/ baby's outifit is cute!
Get a load of those cheeks! 
Sleeping beauties at the ranch

So much has been going on, I can't possibly keep up!  Last week we went out to Kris and Dawn's ranch to "getaway" and let the boys hunt.  They came hope empty handed on the deer, but Kris was able to snag himself a bobcat!  New Year's=BORING!  I'm pretty sure we were both in bed before 12 (you know it wasn't that exciting if I can't even remember what in the heck we were doing.)  

Tavin is getting HUGE, no..no, GARGANCHUAS (sp?).  Last week he grew out of his preemie clothes and already, just this week, he is now out of newborns.  I still can't figure out how they grow so darn fast!  He is sleeping in his crib and slept a whole 7 hours before needing a bottle last night!  He is SUCH an angel and SNUUGGGLE BUG-A-ROOSKIE'S!  His favorite thing is to lay on the bed with his mama or daddy (but especially his mama...even Andrew would admit this) and hold each other.  He will maneuver/manipulate his body just so he can get his adorable self up against one of us.  I love him, love him, love him!

Salem is still adjusting well; although, at times, she still thinks SHE'S Tavin's mommy! Me having to put her in her place is SLOWLY becoming less and less of an issue.  She'll be starting a tap/ballet class once a week next month.  Can't you just see her now???  She stays busy by constantly asking to dance to John Mayer while wearing my high heels and singing into our hairbrush microphones!  It was cute at first, but she's starting to play out one of my favorite artists and I don't want THAT to happen!  I'm hoping she'll find some other daily activity that amuses her to that extent....like TODAY!   If not, I'll have to be creative and think of something for her.   

4 comments:

Andrea_Ben said...

Cuteness! I cannot see all the pictures - boo. You have made such great friends there, that must make living in good ole Tejas worth it.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Looks like you all are doing great. A fun realaxing New Year's get away is a must. We were in bed before 10! Sad. I know. But we were rested on the first day of the new year.
Happy 09!

Katie said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO! This post reminds me that Andrew is already growing out of that "must sleep on top of Mama" phase (there's seriously a tear in my beer over here). What a cute little snuggler you have!

The image of Salem dancing in your high heels with microphone is hilarious. You have to get a picture!

Joel and Angela said...

I love the sleeping beauties picture! I love all the pictures. And the one with the little boy helping with the bow is too cute!
I can't believe how big Tavin is already!