Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The 2nd Bash!









Her second birthday was a hit! We had a "collegiate themed" party where everyone dressed themselves, husbands, and little ones, in their school of choice! Everyone participated and had a wonderful time! The festivities went from 9AM-12, so we decided to serve breakfast items which included: breakfast tacos, muffins, donuts, fruit salad, bagels, juices, and a keg...keg and eggs! I will host her parties from this day on during that time frame. All the kids were happy and it didn't interrupt any daily schedules of naps, meals, etc. I made her cake (shocker....I've never made a decorated cake before), the kids played "pin the medal on the olympian boy", knocked down a pinata (with a broomstick, I might add), and got tattoos from artist, Noel! It was fun, fun, fun, and I can't wait to see what Salem decides to do next year; she is already stirring things up and mentioning Barbie!






We don't have a single tree in our backyard, so we had to get creative!






The line at the tattoo shop!



My masterpiece!


She had to have mommy take of photo of her heels with painted toes!


Nothing can top jumping on the new bed!

4 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

What a great idea. I so might do a theme party for wilson. As long as no one wears Michigan colors. ;)

The Gilbert Crew said...

Noel, you go with that cake girl!!! It is great! Love the theme. The kids look adorable in their gear. I must ask, what school were you and Salem sportin'? I didn't recognize it. She is so precious and you know I love her hair bows. I found another brown one that is the same material as all the other ones. I will send it in the box. Soon...I promise! Is one of my goals have for this week!!!

The Quinn Report said...

Angie, we were sporting my school of choice---
University of Arizona! GO WILDCATS!!!
(More of a basketball & softball school :)

Samantha said...

So glad Salem liked all her dress up stuff!!!