Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ladies Night



Last night, I took Salem to her first ever movie experience @ the IMAX theatre in San Antonio. My girlfriend, Jenni, also took her daughter, Emerson, who Salem just adores! We saw Earth, and HIGHLY recommend for anyone out there with little ones who are looking to venture out & kill some time this summer. Salem did extremely well, and I'll even consider doing it again in the near future. We got all dressed up, painted our toes, put makeup on, did our hair (she ripped hers out in about .2 seconds... it was all up in clips and looked so cute; but no, she HAD to have the headband that didn't match a bit...oh well!) We went out to eat, grabbed smoothies, coffee (you didn't expect me to sit through a movie and 2 toddlers without, did you?), a Target snack run to get whatever treats/snacks we wanted, popcorn, etc., and then it was ON!!!! She sat through the entire film with only an occasional "Momma, it's time to go to our house!" (followed by a few fake tears... when she would get scared.) BUT..... she pushed through like a trooper a fell asleep in her pj's on the way home. Love it!

3 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! What a good idea. I love your shirt--where did you buy it?

Also, love Emerson's name (is Becca's middle name...my grandmother's last name!)

The Quinn Report said...

My BFF here, Shauna, made it for me. She makes clothes (out of clothes from the goodwill/salvation army) and embellishes them. You should checkout Poor Pitiful Pearl.com; or, she is on etsy!!! I JUST LOVE HER and wear MANY of her clothes (so does Salem!!)

Andrea and Ben said...

Cute shirt!!! She is very talented. I will definitely be checking out her shop :0)

Looks like you had so much fun!