Thursday, March 26, 2009

Attention to DETAIL!

This one is, of course, my favorite, and will be headed straight to the scrapbook this weekend in an extra large print!



Okay, I always show Salem my blog posts (mainly because she is always up in my bizzz-ness)...no, no, no, no....mainly because she LOVES to look at herself in photos (yes, that is it!)  So, the last post was about Tavin turing 4 months old and let me tell you, sista took much notice that it wasn't something about her; therefore, I received a lecture that "Mommy needs to have special pictures of mommy and Salem BECAUSE she's dancing princess Salem....SOOOOO.....BECAUSE I'm Salem and you're my mommy BECAUSE..... we're not having Tavin or daddy in the pictures BECAUSE daddy and Tavin are boys and mommy and Salem are girls SOOO....... only mommy and Salem in the pictures, okay mommy!!!???" She is VERY into the words So and Because these days.  I'm trying to listen to myself when I talk to see what habits I DON'T want her to pick up on.  I know, for a fact, that I have a lot of Um's, but I'll go ahead and put the blame on the kids for that one!  I think my willingness to speak clearly and have a large vocabulary went completely out the door after childbirth.  Man, what I would do to have some of those hard earned brain cells back. My brain just isn't as speedy as it used to be, damn!  

So, as Salem requested, we went onward with our "Mommy/Salem photo shoot" , and to be perfectly honest with you, I don't think she really gave a damn about the whole thing.  She's already such a control freak, that it scares me! She tells me how to wear my hair, clothes, turn the radio up louder, put it on such-and-such song, will point out a blemish on my face and tell me that I'll be okay and to just go ahead and eat some of her organic chocolate flavored bunny crackers to help my complexion/make it go away!  I'm telling you, she is a TRIP!   

Perhaps if you're ever in need of an honest opinion in the near future, you'll know who to blog.....Salem! 

4 comments:

Katie said...

OMG. I think the world might implode if we got her and Becca together. Becca is the BOSSIEST thing EVER. Same exact thing as you're saying. She gets really mad at me if I put my hair in a ponytail. She wants THIS SONG and on REPEAT. They are going to be some control freak bossy pants older sisters, aren't they?

The photos are so cute. I love the way you write about your kids. You seem to really appreciate the things that annoy me about mine! :)

Jacobson said...

Salem's personality sounds so much like Emmy's. It must be a girl thing!
Are you still running in races? Have you heard of The Marathon Des Sables? I'm going to run it sometime within the next 8 yrs. Wanna join me? :)

The Quinn Report said...

Kristi-

Wow, the race sounds exciting and I would love to do something like that! We'll chat more about it over the tele!

Katie said...

I tried emailing you, but I must have the wrong email. I think that mofo clock is backordered EVERYWHERE. I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm pissed. I needed it about a year ago....What is your email address?