Monday, August 17, 2009

3






Her and her BFF, McCoy

I REALLY cannot believe my precious baby luvs is 3!!!! Today, 3 years ago, we brought her home to our sweet, little house (that I miss like crazy), in the North Pole. There are days (many of days), where I wish I could turn back time and relive those 3 years. Make better decisions, slow down a bit, videotape her growing up more, RELAX, not worry about keeping up with daily expectations, but just CHILL out and do nothing with my family. Yepppppp........., but THATTTTT won't happen; and as usual, our week is jam packed with things to do, apts., errands, play dates, must-haves, to-do's; aahhhh.... if only we had a nanny to scrub our kitchen floors after every meal with a toddler, 8 month old, and hairy-ass dog!!! Then, I think life would be much more manageable!

So, I leave you with photos from her 3rd birthday pool bash at the YMCA. I will be hosting all parties from here on out outside of the home; I cannot even begin to tell you how nice it was to not have to clean before and after a par-tay'! Genius!
Tavi crashed out on mama


The butterfly cupcake-cake..with her name, nor age, written on it what-so-ever! I'm a terrible mother!

And what would be a party without the kids making/decorating their own visors????? I'll tell you...not a party!
My girlfriend Cathryn (from Alaska), with her beautiful daughter, Vika


3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Salem! I remember seeing her in the hospital the day after she was born. She was so tiny! I can't believe how fast time flies. And I know what you mean about wishing you could have slowed down and enjoyed it more. These years are so precious and yet so mutha-effing HARD on the mothers! I keep wishing I HAD a dog to clean up the floor under the high chair! :)

Lisa said...

John and Salem have the same birthday, so I will always think of her on her special day.

Happy Birthday, Salem!!

Joel and Angela said...

Happy Birthday!! She is so cute! THe older they get the faster time flies. Every night I wonder how I can capture the next day in slow motion. Then the morning comes and I re-think my wishes. The the night comes and I wish I had been done a better job capturing the moments.
Got you invite and really trying to figure out how I can make it! Sounds like fun!